I’ve never been a fan of using readymade masala/powders to make curries. But I was curious to see how it would work if I used it as a marinade. I tried the Shaan Chicken Tikka Masala powder to marinate my chicken before making a curry out of it.
Ingredients for marinade:
Chicken Tikka Masala powder – 5 tsp
Lemon juice – 3 tsp
Salt- 2 tsp
Curd – 1/2 cup
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Onion – 2 turned to paste
Tomato – 3 pureed
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 1 chopped
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Marinade chicken in mentioned ingredients for 2 hours.
2. Heat oil and add cumin seeds and chillies.
3. Add onion paste along with ginger garlic paste.
4. Once onion changes colour, add turmeric and chilli powder.
5. Add tomatoes and let it cook for 10 mins.
6. Add salt and tip the chicken along with the marinade.
7. Cook for 15-20 mins in low flame with half a cup of water.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice or roti.