This is the recipe I found online and worked my way around it.
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Onion – 1 chopped and made into paste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Brown sugar – 2 tbsp and Vinegar – 4 tbsp to be mixed and kept aside for 15 mins.
For ground paste:
Dried red chillies – 5
Cardamom – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Methi – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and mustard seeds to let it pop.
2. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
3. Add the chicken and let it brown for 5-6 mins.
4. Remove chicken and add the onion paste to the pan.
5. Cook it till the paste changes colour.
6. Add the ground paste and cook it out.
7. Add chicken and cook it for another 6-7 mins with some water.
8. Add the brown sugar and vinegar mix and simmer for a couple of mins.
Serve with rice.