Chicken and Mushroom
Stir frys are the best. By best I mean easiest to cook. Here’s one of my good ones. And by good one I mean, better tasting and better looking.
Boneless chicken – 500 gms
Button mushrooms – 1 packet
Capsicum – 1
Onion – 1 large sliced
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Spring onion – Chopped handful
Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Green chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
Honey – 2 tbsp
1. Heat oil.
2. Add onions along with the ginger garlic paste and green chilli sauce.
3. Saute till onions are translucent.
4. Tip the chicken in and add the soy sauce.
5. Let it cook for 5 mins on medium heat.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms.
7. Let it cook further for another 5 mins.
8. Add the diced capsicum, fish sauce and let it all simmer for 2-3 mins.
9. Tip in the honey, mix well and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Serve with steamed rice.
You could play around with the dish by adding all kinds of vegetables – baby corn, broccoli, and the likes.