Ingredients for Tomato saar:
Tomato – 3 chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Curry leaves – fistful
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Green chillies – 1 chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves crushed
Ghee – 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 2 tsp
1. Pop mustard seeds in hot ghee followed by adding curry leaves and green chillies.
2. Add garlic and saute.
3. Add tomatoes, chilli powder and pepper powder.
4. Saute for a minute.
5. Pour enough water till tomatoes and other ingredients are immersed.
6. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer on low flame for 20 mins or till tomatoes are cooked.
Ingredients for Beans Palya:
French beans – 200 gms
Dried red chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 10 leaves
1. Saute red chillies in hot oil and add curry leaves.
2. Add chopped beans and salt to taste.
3. Add a glass of water and cover to cook.
Serve Tomato Saar and Beans Palya with hot steamed rice topped with a tsp of ghee and appalam if you have any.