I was up at 7 AM this morning. Didn’t know what to do, so I got inside the kitchen to get on with breakfast. I made myself an egg white and mushroom scramble, but I thought I’d make a few pancakes for good measure. My jar of peanut butter made eyes at me as soon as I opened my shelf door. I couldn’t disappoint it, hence –
Chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes with strawberry preserve surprise.
Flour – 1 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Peanut butter – 1 tbsp
Strawberry reserve/jam – 1/2 tsp for each pancake
Egg – 1
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Chocolate chips – handful
Butter/oil – to grease pan
1. Get the dry ingredients in a bowl together – flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a coffee mug, put the peanut butter in and slowly add milk to mix it well.
3. Add the egg into the dry mix and begin mixing.
4. Add the milk and peanut butter mixture into the dry mix and egg slowly, using a balloon whisk.
5. Add the chocolate chips and stir once.
6. Grease a nonstick pan with oil/butter. Make sure it isn’t smoking hot else the pancake will burn without cooking through.
7. Now take half a ladle of the batter and add drops/bits of the reserve/jam in the batter, in the center a couple of drops on the sides while still in the ladle.
8. Pour this on to your pan and let it cook on one side – when you see bubbles forming on the top side, flip it over and let it cook for minute on the other side.
Serve hot with honey, maple syrup, chocolate syrup or any other syrup you may want to.