I didn’t know if I should have cooked these whole chicken legs Indian or random way. Of course, I went the random way. All I wanted was a nicely charred chicken with a sweet and sour sauce.
Ingredients for marinade:
Whole chicken legs – 2
Ginger paste – 2 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1 tsp
Marinate chicken in above ingredients for a few hours or even better, overnight.
Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
1. Heat the sesame oil and place the chicken legs for them to get a nice char.
2. Flip them over after 7 – 8 mins and cook for another 7 – 8 mins or till done.
3. Remove and place over paper towels.
Ingredients for sauce:
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Fish sauce – 2 tsp
Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
Leftover chicken marinade
Chicken bouillon cube – 1 (optional)
Basil leaves – a few
1. After removing the cooked chicken, in the same pan, tip in the leftover marinade with half a cup of water and let it come to a boil.
2. Add the bouillon cube, fish sauce and green chilli sauce along with the basil.
3. Simmer for 3 – 4 mins and take off heat.
Serve the chicken and the sauce with a side of vegetables or plain cooked rice like the way I did.