Crispy, toasty bread with bacon bits and a soft runny egg nestled right in the center. This one is very close to Rachel Khoo’s Croque Madame Muffins. However, I changed it to make it an easier breakfast dish. It’s always nice to try out different recipes by different cooks. Rachel’s recipes seem quite easy. Although some of the ingredients she uses wouldn’t be easily available here. Hence, bacon and eggs. Bacon and eggs with cheese, in bread cups – everything is right about this.
This recipe serves one.
Egg – 1
White bread with crusts off – 2
Bacon – 2 strips cooked as you like it
Butter – 1 tsp
Cheese – to grate on egg
1. Spread butter on both slices and line it in your ramekin.
2. Cut up the bacon and line the bread with it, or place them whole.
3. Crack the egg into it.
4. Grate cheese (I used cheddar) on the egg.
5. In a preheated oven (180C), bake for 20 mins.
6. Garnish with any herbs you like or eat it just like that.
I didn’t add any salt because there’s enough cheese and not to forget the bacon.