Chocolate and coffee can bring world peace. I truly believe that. More so in the form of Mocha Brownies. I did my bit. You do yours. Make a batch and spread some love.
Dark chocolate – 1 cup chopped
Salted butter – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
Flour – 3/4 cup
Instant coffee powder – 2 tsp (or however strong/weak you’d like it to be)
Regular white sugar – 3/4 cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla – 1/2 tsp
1. Melt chocolate and butter together – either in a microwave or using the double boiler method (pot over a pan of simmering water).
2. Break in the eggs and mix.
3. Add vanilla and sugars. Mix well.
4. Add the flour and coffee powder, and mix.
5. Bake for 25 mins in a nonstick or a well greased baking tin (8 inches) in a preheated oven at 180C.
6. Try the toothpick test. If it comes out with a few crumbs, it’s alright. If you still see the batter on the toothpick, bake it for another 5 mins.
Let it cool completely before you cut it up.