As usual I kept snooping around for easy chicken recipes on the internet and came across this. Seemed really simple and it is. I also happen to have a jar of sambal oelek paste. Guess what the ingredients at the back of the jar says? Dried red chilles, water, salt, thickening agents. Well, at least I have a nice jar. If you aren’t stupid enough to buy the paste, just make some and store it in the fridge. It’s just common sense to do so. Next time I’ll add shallots, garlic and ginger to knock some flavour punch to the paste. Anyway, moving on to what I made.
2 boneless chicken breasts cut to bite size
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 big garlic clove
2 tbsp sambal paste
1/4 cup coconut milk
Salt if you need
1 tbsp oil
3. Add the sambal paste and cook it out for a minute.
4. Add the chicken and coconut milk. Let it cook for 6-7 mins and it’s done.I figured you can play around with such a simple and easy recipe any way you like.
* Shallow fry the chicken and toss it in the cooked sambal paste, along with soy, brown sugar and fish sauce.
* Cook the sambal paste in oil, add vegetables, eggs and cooked rice!
* Marinate chicken in sambal paste, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice – Grill!