Continuing my ‘eating better’ stride, I present to you, Chicken, Broccoli and Mushroom Stir Fry with Brown Rice. There were unused mushrooms and broccoli from dinner last night and all I needed was some chicken for a simple stir fry to go with brown rice. It’s pretty simple and doesn’t take forever to make. You’ll get brown rice anywhere these days and it’s delicious!
1 cup brown rice
2 1/2 cup water
1. Rinse rice at least thrice before pressure cooking it with the water for 15 mins. Check for doneness yourself and cook further if required. Keep aside.
250 gms boneless chicken (I used thighs) cubes
1 cup blanched broccoli
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp cornflour dusted on the chicken
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chilli paste OR 1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp honey
Sesame seeds to garnish
Lemon grass leaf
2 tbsp Sesame oil
1. Coat chicken with cornstarch, ginger garlic paste and a touch of salt.
2. Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil and saute chicken till cooked. Say about 10 mins.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 mins.
4. Add soy, fish sauce and chilli paste/powder.
5. Add torn up basil leaves and the lemon grass leaf, along with broccoli.
6. Finish with honey and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Serve with brown rice.
You can garnish with spring onions if you’d like. Or add carrots and other vegetables as well. Make it your own and it’ll be delicious!