All I wanted was a good pan grilled chicken breast for dinner. The rest just came into picture (quite literally) when I thought of sides for my chicken. Instead of the usual steam veggies, I thought of watermelon and green apples. Thankfully, the shop that is almost never well stocked had the fruits I needed. Also, a pretty plate food never hurt anybody.
Boneless chicken breasts – 2
Orange juice – 1/2 cup (freshly squeezed or store bought)
Lemon juice – 1 lemon’s
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Watermelon cubes – 1 cup
Green apple cubes – 1/2 cup
Feta cheese – 1 tbsp
Basil – a few leaves for garnish (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Cut the chicken breasts horizontally (just so it cooks fast) and marinate in orange juice, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt for at least 30 mins.
2. In the meanwhile prep your fruits by cutting them into cubes.
3. Grease a nonstick pan with olive oil.
4. Once the pan is hot, place the chicken and cook till each side is nicely charred and cooked through. Around 4 mins each side (but please check yourself thoroughly).
5. Take it off the pan and keep aside.
6. Pass the rest of the marinate through a sieve or a tea strainer.
7. Heat the marinade in the same pan the chicken was cooked in for 4 – 5 mins.
8. Take it off the heat and keep aside.
Plate your dish – Chicken on one side of the plate and fruits on the other side. Crumble the feta over the fruits and pour the warm sauce made from the marinade all over the chicken. Toss a few basil leaves for freshness if you’d like.