The original idea was Keema Pav. As usual, the universe conspired against it and lunch was Keema Dogs (please don’t make that lame and predictable “Oh how could you eat minced dog?!”, or “Oh I thought you loved dogs!” joke). The store just ran out of pav. It’s just simple minced mutton masala stuffed in a hot dog/submarine bun with tomato raita.
Keema – 500 gms
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Tomato – 2, chopped
Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp/1 tbsp (as hot as you’d like it)
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds along with the curry leaves.
2. Add garlic, followed by onions.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and then the sugar. Saute till onions turn brown.
4. Tip in the powdered spices one after another and mix well before adding the tomatoes.
5. Cook the mixture and then add the tomato puree. Stir well.
6. Add the keema and salt.
7. Cook for 10 – 12 mins, or till dry and done.
Serve this with pav or stuff it in hot dog buns like I did.