One pot dinners are wonderful. Especially when it’s movie night with friends. To add to it, winters. Again, perfect for a no-fuss-cooking kind of person like me (read: lazy).
Minced mutton – 1/2 kg
Onion – 3 finely chopped
Tomato – 3 finely chopped/pureed
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Potato – 2 cut into small cubes and cooked
Coriander to garnish
1. Saute onions in hot oil with ginger garlic paste.
2. Add garam masala and chilli powder along with the turmeric and stir well.
3. Add a splash of water to bring the masala together.
4. Add the mutton and mix it all together.
5. Add salt and let it cook for 5 mins.
6. Add potatoes and simmer for 2-3 mins or till mutton is cooked.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
I’m obsessed with fried onions as a garnish for mutton dishes. It’s optional but a great add on.
Serve on a bed of rice with a slice of lemon.